I first travelled to Haugastol in 2011 to teach a one-week snow-kiting course. It literally changed my life. I now offer training courses exclusively at Haugastol and on the nearby Hardangervidda Plateau. I also spend all of my winter holidays there. In my opinion, it’s the best snow-kiting location in the world. It has superb access, consistent wind, great snow cover and amazing terrain. Check out the snow-kite map.
Customized Snow-kiting and Polar Travel Courses (1 or 2 weeks)
- For individuals and small groups preparing a kiting expedition.
- The focus is on expedition kiting skills and kiting with pulks.
- On no-wind days (rare) or at the end of the day, classroom and practical sessions on polar travel and camping are given.
- Includes a one to three-day camping trip.
As most training courses are customized to individual and group needs, the following costs are for planning purposes only. After assessing your training needs, I will present you with a personalized training schedule and cost for your trip.
The following costs are in USD and per person for a 7-day training:
- $1,500.00 based on a group of 4
- $2,500.00 based on a group of 2
- Includes instructor fees, transportation to kite locations, kites & harness, sleeping system, group equipment and camping food.
- Does not include personal clothing, kiting skis, helmet
Accommodation (room and board at Haugastol Turistsenter):
- Shared accommodation (4 people in a 2-bedroom apartment): $775.00
- Shared accommodation (2 people in a 2-bedroom apartment): $925.00
- Shared accommodation (2 people in a studio apartment): $750.00
- Mountain room (8 bed bunk room): $550.00
All of the above include breakfast, pack-lunch and dinner. Alcoholic beverages and purchases from the coffee shop are extra.
From Oslo airport to Haugastol, return is roughly $125.00 and takes approximately 5 hours.